Monday, February 13, 2012

2012 Investment Picks

I've been asked "what are you investing in 2012"?

I don't have alot of money in the stock market, but what I do have are in two stocks:  TGC and SIRI.    TGC is a Gas Company and all indications are that Oil Prices may rise again in mid to late 2012.    I have a target price of $1.30 to sell, but currently the price is below $.90.

SIRI stock is XM Radio.   I'm expecting a big year but may sell towards the end of summer.   Why?   The 2012 Election is going to make XM Radio hot as folks from both sides are going to want to know what Talk Shows are saying.     However, most will have XM Radio by the end of summer and I expect the economy to SLOW between the summer and November as folks step off the field and stand on the sidelines waiting to see who wins, as that will spell what kind of economic 2013 and beyond will look like.    My target price is just above the 52 week high, then I'm dumping it.   I'm into it cheap - time to make some money and sit on the sidelines myself.

Now, if I sell and market crashes in October, I'll probably buy BOTH back at a huge discount - that's how much I believe in their stock.    If Obama WINS, I may buy back BOTH because I expect that OIL will soar and folks will flock to talk shows in hope to find guidance.    If Republicans wins, SIRI stock is done as there will be nothing to talk about.

I'm also investing everything I can into Real Estate as I believe Hyper-Inflation is coming to a town near you.    Real Estate is the best thing to combat inflation, as long as you have a fixed mortgage.   I'm expecting Renting to reach historical heights.

So, there is my guesses - what's yours?

TB

No comments:

Post a Comment