Sunday, December 4, 2011

Salida - the way out?

Salida - a Spanish word which means "Exit", is a town surrounded by mountains within the Arkansas River Valley...    Obviously, it was the way "out" of the mountains, thus it's "exit" name.   

But for some, it's not the "exit" out of the mountains, it's the "exit" from the rest of the world...  

With a city population of about 5,000 and an immediate surrounding population of another 5,000 - it has just enough people to stay anonymous or you can get involved and the bulk of the town could get to know you pretty fast...     I like walking into the local hardware store and folks call me by my first name.     It's even nicer when the folks at Wal-Mart know your name.    Yep, after 6 years, I'm home.

With world renowned things such as "Rafting" the Arkansas River, "Boarding" Monarch Mountain Ski Area, or "Hiking" the one of many 14,000' Peaks, we get our lions share of tourists - all year long.    The historic Downtown area is a delight to shop, and even after the length of time I've been here - I can always find something new that I didn't even know was even offered.

Real Estate within Salida is stable, going up slowly in hot markets but falling slowly in down markets - it is a solid investment.    I believed in it so much that I became a partner in RE/MAX Mountain River, Salida's only pure "National" Real Estate firm.    I can see huge moves in Real Estate in the future, as folks from all over want the "Salida" way-of-life.   They want to "exit" the mayhem of the front range, to "exit" the high property taxes of most other Colorado cities, and "exit" the bad weather other locations in Colorado must endure as Salida is situated in what we call the "banana belt" - a strip whereas most storms just kinda pass us by as we enjoy over 300+ days per year of sunshine.

So, if you are looking for a "way out", look at Salida - you'll love it here.

Terry Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment